Father’s Day is just around the corner, and if you’re anything like me, chances are you’ve left gift buying until the last minute… much like this Father’s Day Gift Guide. Over the next nine days, I’m going to inspire you with gift ideas that are easy to track down, and will look like you’ve put loads of thought into choosing the perfect gift this Father’s Day.
Make dad feel like the king of his castle with the new Philips Hue 2.0 wireless lighting system. Whether he’s entertaining mates at the man cave or creating a romantic ambience for his queen, Dad will be in full control of the lights with a single tap on his smartphone. If you haven’t heard about Philips Hue 2.0, you can read my review A Hue to change your life.
Hue 2.0 in a nutshell:
Philips HUE 2.0 is a personal wireless lighting system designed to give people the best lighting experience for every space in the home. HUE 2.0 allows people to sync their lights to control all the lights in a single room and set individual routines. The lighting is so sophisticated people can theme lighting to their favourite song, use lighting to wake them up in the morning, help people concentrate and help them relax.
Here are five reasons dad will love Hue 2.0:
- Give the switch the flick – Dad won’t have to worry about ever forgetting to turn the lights on or off. At home, he’ll only have to open the Hue app and turn the lights off, and he can even log in remotely to control the bulbs while he’s away.
- The Royal Treatment – Thanks to the inclusion of geofencing, Dad can choose for the lights to turn on as soon as he walks through the door, or off as he leaves. Now that’s the royal treatment!
- Give Orders – Hue 2.0 is equipped with Siri Voice control which can power the bulbs even navigate through the prepopulated ‘routine’ settings. Now even If nobody else is listening to Dad at least Siri will.
- Relive his youth – Transport dad back to his psychedelic or disco heydey with the use of third party apps such as Hue Disco. The app allows you to create a disco lighting effect and populated moods like the colourful ‘complimentary’ which has a 60s psychedelic feel to it.
- The talk of the town – Dad is going to look super cool and tech savvy with his new futuristic setup. Let’s face it, don’t we all want to be the envy of our friends?
The Philips Hue White and Color ambience starter kit RRP $289.95. The kit contains three bulbs and the Hue bridge to get you started. Philips Hue is available from selected Apple, Officeworks and Harvey Norman stores, along with selected online retailers. To locate your nearest stockist visit the Hue website.