If the thought of a buffet sends you running in the opposite direction, chances are you haven’t experienced Feast Restaurant’s International Seafood buffet at Sheraton on the Park in Sydney. I first discovered the hotel’s seafood buffet a few years ago when a client invited me out to a lunch meeting. I do remember thinking it was an interesting choice, needless to say; I was pleasantly surprised by the premium selection of produce on offer – not at all the buffet experience I was expecting.
A few weeks back I organised a lunch with friends and thought a seafood buffet would be a pleasant grown-up experience. A few years on and Sheraton on the Park’s seafood buffet still managed to impress. The restaurant offers sweeping views of Hyde Park, along with vibrant décor and a number or seating options ranging from communal tables, private dinning rooms and large secluded booths. If the restaurants surrounds aren’t enough to get you excited, the selection of dishes will have you salivating. The International Seafood Buffet features:
- Seafood station – wth oysters, prawns, blue swimmer crab and a variety of seafood salads, smoked salmon and more.
- Carvery Station – features selections of roast meat including pork and beef
- Stone hearth oven – freshly baked pizzas are at your beck and call
- Baked goods – from roasted vegetables to potato gratins, enjoy a selection of accompaniments which pair perfectly with your choice of roasted meat.
- Desserts –Ice-creams, cakes and mousse, this station is a sweet tooth’s paradise.
- Cheese – this is one of my favourites! Choose from a selection of soft and hard cheese, cured meats, and antipasto items to end your lavish dining experience. I paired my cheese plate with a delicious pinot noir from the restaurant’s extensive wine list.
Years on Sheraton’s award winning seafood buffet still delivers the goods. The amount of choice is incredible and is ideal when organising a group lunch – there is something for everyone. The restaurants staff are incredibly friendly and attentive, and the extensive wine list managed to amaze a self-proclaimed wine snob like myself.
Feast Restaurant’s International Seafood Buffet is served daily:
Lunch 12pm – 2:30pm $79 (Mon-Fri), $89 (Sat & Sun)
Dinner 6pm – 10:30pm $89 (Mon-Thurs) $99 (Fri-Sun)
For more information or to book visit the Feast Restaurant website.
Feast – a world of flavours
Level 1, Sheraton on the Park
161 Elizabeth Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
Have you experienced Feast Restaurant’s International seafood buffet? Share your thoughts with me below.